Careers – Service Desk Level 1
Service Desk Level 1
Reports to: Director, Service Desk
To provide excellent customer service for a fast-paced multitasking service desk environment that supports remote access internet VPN products, managed security and network services, Software as a Service Products (SaaS), with high first call resolution.
- Telephone/Chat/Email Support
- Apply handling processes consistently
- Log and track all communications received into ticketing system
- Establish a quality working relationship with a variety of customers
- Follow defined standards to resolve specific set of problems
- Follow defined standards to collect and follow-up on escalated issues
- Escalate issues within the defined standards
- Level I Support
- Research and resolve caller inquiries by utilizing established procedures, user manuals, accessing on-line applications, or interacting with internal and external support groups
- Troubleshoot and resolve hardware, software and communications issues by interacting with application end users, application engineers, system engineers and hardware / software vendors
- Continuous Improvement
- Meet individual metrics for Level 1 Support Engineer
- Identify and suggest process improvements as they arise
- Participate in departmental training activities including training programs in support of new technologies, procedures, and customer service enhancements
- Provide excellent first line customer service.
- Respond to all chats, emails and phone calls consistently.
- Enter all relevant data from customer contact channels into tracking system.
- Assist with troubleshooting and resolution of all tickets that can be processed from start to finish by level 1 as defined by management.
- Great interpersonal skills; superior customer service skills; excellent multi-channel communication skills.
- Works well under pressure with limited supervision while consistently displaying a professional demeanor.
- Ability to follow processes and escalate issues consistently.
- Resolve a variety of external technical requests including virtual private networks, protecting data integrity, and assisting the retail industry with the send/receive of proprietary data.
- Support technical management team with call data analysis.
- Experienced in Windows operating systems.
- Familiar with TCP/IP and networking concepts.
- High level of ethics and integrity.
- Scheduling flexibility required.
- 2 or 4-year college degree is not mandatory, but a plus